Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bittersweet Release

Today has been a bit of a roller coaster. I got back from an awesome Girls' Camp yesterday and then today I got released as the Young Women's President. I have loved working with the young women in my ward. I will miss seeing them every week. I will miss interacting as often with the AMAZING women I have had the opportunity to serve with. This has been an wonderful experience for me and I will continue to watch these girls as they grow and develop into the next leaders of this church. I know the Lord's hand is in this work.

I am excited to have a bit more time to spend with my own family. My husband and kids have been so supportive these last two and a half years. My son learned to be a great babysitter at the young age of 9 when mom had to go to meetings or mutual before dad got home from work. I have been blessed with kids that truly love each other and are willing to sacrifice for each other. I love you guys!!!

Perhaps now I will have time to post a little more often. I am working on setting some more goals to make sure I don't idle away my new found "free" time.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Hi:) I know how you feel. It is going to be really hard for a while...it definitely does feel like part of you is missing. It is a strange feeling, I've never had another calling like it. When you are in YW, you are a YW leader... you take on a whole different meaning and aspect to your life. When your not, your just you. It is good too, but just different. You were SO AMAZING!! I know the girls are all probably crushed! But the Lord knows what he is doing. You have changed their lives, I'm positive of that. Not many people really have a chance to do that-for real. YW leaders do, and that is why they only pick the best:) YOU!! As far as free time, it will astound you how much you have!! Get yourself going on some projects though-it will keep your mind off missing the girls. Anyway, love you so much!! You were such an AWESOME leader. You will be in their hearts forever:)